Checklist for a Terrific Visit
- Check out the Maymont map to plan what attractions you'd like to see!
- Restrooms are located in The Robins Nature Center, near Raptor Valley, near the Carriage House, at the Dooley Garage and at the Maymont Farm.
- Beverages are available at The Robins Nature Center; drink and snack machines are also located next to the Stone Barn, the Dooley Garage and at the Maymont Farm.
- Water fountains are located at The Robins Nature Center, the Stone Barn and near Raptor Valley.
- Wear comfortable shoes (Maymont’s 100 acres include many hills).
- Bring a baby carrier or stroller for little ones who wear out quickly.
- Bring an easy-to-carry bag containing: beverages, snacks or picnics (please do not share with the animals); baby necessities, such as diapers and wipes; your camera!
- Maymont membership card (for special discounts and free admission to The Robins Nature Center and Maymont Mansion).
- Money to purchase tokens for feed dispensers (use only feed provided by Maymont).
Rules to Observe
- For the safety of our farm and wildlife animals, pets are not permitted on the Maymont grounds, with the exception of trained service dogs as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Bicycles, rollerskates, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, kites, balloons and remote-controlled vehicles, including drones, are not allowed.
- Maymont’s buildings are tobacco-free including cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chew/dip and snuff as well as nicotine vapor (e-cigarettes).
- Alcohol is not permitted on the estate.
- In consideration of other guests, please do not play loud music.
- Guests may not drive their vehicles on the estate roads; please use designated parking lots at the Maymont Farm, The Robins Nature Center and Historic Estate entrances.
- Please do not climb the trees.
- Guests may feed the animals at the Maymont Farm only; please use feed provided in feed dispensers.
The Robins Nature Center is wheelchair accessible. Wheelchair accessibility is limited in some areas, including Maymont Mansion and the Italian Garden. Paths throughout the grounds are paved, but be mindful of several steep hills. Wheelchair-accessible restrooms and drinking fountains are located at The Robins Nature Center, near Raptor Valley and at the Farm. Although pets are prohibited at Maymont, trained service dogs as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are permitted throughout the grounds and exhibits.
As a guest of Maymont, photos and/or video of you may be taken for use in Maymont marketing materials and/or distribution to media outlets for promotion. When you visit, you thereby irrevocably grant to Maymont Foundation, the photographer (and their affiliates), licensees, agents and assigns, the unrestricted right to use your likeness (or the likeness of any minor in your care) in photographs and video, and to distribute such photographs and video for editorial, trade, advertising or other purposes in any manner or medium, whether now or hereafter devised, throughout the world in perpetuity.
Maymont offers many beautiful backdrops and welcomes the use of its grounds for photography without reservation or payment. Maymont reserves the right to limit access during weddings and private events.
Maymont often serves as a location for professional photography and film productions. The CBS miniseries, Sally Hemings: An American Scandal, Dreamworks’ The Contender, Disney’s First Kid and numerous commercials are among the projects filmed on Maymont’s grounds. Since we know every commercial, film and advertisement is unique, we will work with you to determine rates for your project.
Questions? Email our Special Events department.