Checklist for a Terrific Visit
- Restrooms are located in the Nature & Visitor Center, near Raptor Valley, at the Garage and at the Farm.
- Beverages are available at the Robin’s Nest in the Nature & Visitor Center; drink machines are also located next to the Garage and at the Farm.
- Water fountains are located at the Nature & Visitor Center and the Stone Barn.
- Dress appropriately (layered clothing in spring and fall; sunscreen and sun hats in summer; hat, scarves and gloves in winter).
- Wear comfortable shoes (Maymont’s 100 acres include many hills).
- Bring a baby carrier or stroller for little ones who wear out quickly.
- Bring an easy-to-carry bag containing: beverages, snacks or picnics (please do not share with the animals); baby necessities, such as diapers and wipes; your camera!
- Maymont membership card (for special discounts and free admission to the Nature Center).
- Quarters for feed dispensers (use only feed provided by Maymont).
- Money for donations, Robin’s Nest purchases and soda machines.
Rules to Observe
- Please do not bring your pet (service animals are welcome).
- Bicycles, rollerskates, rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, kites, balloons and RC vehicles are not allowed.
- Maymont’s buildings are tobacco-free including cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chew/dip and snuff as well as nicotine vapor (e-cigarettes).
- Alcohol is not permitted on the estate.
- In consideration of other guests, please do not play loud music.
- Vehicles may not drive on the estate roads; please use designated parking lots at the Farm, Nature Center and Historic Estate entrances.
- Please do not climb the trees.
- Guests may feed the animals at the Farm only; please use feed provided in feed dispensers.
The Nature & Visitor Center at Maymont is wheelchair accessible. Wheelchair accessibility is limited in some areas, including Maymont Mansion and the Italian Garden. At Maymont Mansion, if someone in your party can carry your wheelchair up the porch steps, then a first floor tour of the house can be accommodated. Maymont Mansion can also provide its own wheelchair for first floor tours. Paths throughout the grounds are paved, but be mindful of several steep hills. Wheelchair-accessible restrooms and drinking fountains are located at the Nature & Visitor Center, near Raptor Valley and at the Farm. Although pets are prohibited at Maymont, service animals are permitted throughout the grounds and exhibits. Please see the U.S. Department of Justice FAQ on service animals for more information. Future improvements to handicapped accessibility are currently being considered.
As a guest of Maymont, photos and/or video of you may be taken for use in Maymont marketing materials and/or distribution to media outlets for promotion. When you visit, you thereby irrevocably grant to Maymont Foundation, the photographer (his/her affiliates), licensees, agents and assigns, the unrestricted right to use your likeness (or the likeness of any minor in your care) in photographs and video, and to distribute such photographs and video for editorial, trade, advertising or other purposes in any manner or medium, whether now or hereafter devised, throughout the world in perpetuity.