Whether you can give a few days a year or a few hours each week, your contribution will help this American estate to thrive. And few organizations offer such a wide variety of volunteer opportunities! Volunteer hours provide Maymont with the equivalent of 11 full-time staff members. They are an integral part of our organization and serve in a number of capacities. Time commitments vary; special events volunteers may work only one or two days a year, while other volunteers work several hours a month. Meet some of Maymont’s volunteers.
How You Can Help
- Introduce guests to the estate and help them plan their visits
- Share our history as a mansion guide or costumed interpreter
- Reveal the wonders of the natural world in the Nature Center
- Join the celebration during fun-filled events throughout the year
- Keep the animals happy and healthy as a barn attendant
- Beautify the gardens alongside professional horticulturists
- Organize and prepare for programs, events and mailings
- Free admission to the Nature Center
- Merchandise discount
- Invitation to annual volunteer appreciation event
- Subscription to the Volunteer Voice e-News
Apply to Volunteer
Download an application or complete our online form below. Questions? Email Maymont’s Volunteer Coordinator or call 804-358-7166, ext. 327.