Whether you can give a few days a year or a few hours each week, your contribution will help this American estate to thrive. And few organizations offer such a wide variety of volunteer opportunities! Volunteer hours provide Maymont with the equivalent of 11 full-time staff members. They are an integral part of our organization and serve in a number of capacities. Time commitments vary; special events volunteers may work only one or two days a year, while other volunteers work several hours a month. Meet some of Maymont’s volunteers.
Maymont’s longtime friend and mansion volunteer Bill Long passed away on Saturday, June 9. He was just two weeks shy of his 100th birthday, which mansion volunteers and staff were looking forward to celebrating with him at our annual picnic. For 39 years, Bill held a special place in the heart of the Maymont community. Read more about Bill and his impact on Maymont. Memorial contributions in memory of Bill can be made through a donation to the Maymont Council.
How You Can Help
- Introduce guests to the estate and help them plan their visits
- Share our history as a mansion guide or costumed interpreter
- Reveal the wonders of the natural world in the Nature Center
- Join the celebration during fun-filled events throughout the year
- Keep the animals happy and healthy as a barn attendant
- Beautify the gardens alongside professional horticulturists
- Organize and prepare for programs, events and mailings
- Free admission to the Nature Center
- Merchandise discount
- Invitation to annual volunteer appreciation event
- Subscription to the Volunteer Voice e-News
Apply to Volunteer
Download an application or complete our online form below. Questions? Email Maymont’s Volunteer Coordinator or call 804-358-7166, ext. 327.