Work at Maymont
We are always looking for talented professionals to join our organization. Email your resume and cover letter. EOE.
Guest Services (Part-Time)
This part-time position provides excellent customer service to guests at the Robins Nature and Visitor Center.
- Guest Services staff stays informed of all Maymont exhibits, events and programs
- Engages and responds to guest inquiries; processes admission fees, shop and café sales
- Interacts with guests of all ages including school groups
- Processes admission fees, membership and merchandise sales
- Primarily weekends 9 – 5, some weekdays as schedule allows
- Must have retail or customer service experience
- Computer experience required
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check
Public Safety Associate, Seasonal (Aug-Nov)
Enforces Foundation rules and ensures a safe and friendly environment for guests at Maymont. Secures all buildings, grounds and gates nightly. Reports to the Manager of Public Safety and Amenities.
- Perform security checks nightly of all Foundation property including building, habitats, grounds and parking lots and gates.
- Alerts the public via PA system that the grounds are closing and all gates will be locked nightly. Must ensure all public guests have left the grounds before securing gates and ending shift.
- Answering questions from guests in a courteous manner.
- Directing guests to desired location.
- Must work weekends.
- Previous work-related experience preferred.
- Must be able to remain calm in potentially stressful situations.
- Current CPR/First AID certification or willing to have training provided.
- Ability to follow and give directions and work independently, as well as work as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. and to perform physical tasks including standing, bending and walking in all weather and temperature conditions.
- A positive attitude about work, and life in general.
- Valid Drivers License and subject to DMV background check.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
Weekend/Evening Event Coordinator
This position coordinates and oversees onsite event rentals. Works with clients, caterers and other vendors for successful implementation of day of event services. May include meeting with potential clients regarding future rentals.
Must be conscientious and outgoing with a high level of customer service. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently are necessary. Must be able to troubleshoot and positively represent Maymont. Position requires frequent standing and walking and ability to lift 25 pounds. Must pass a pre-employment background check and have valid driver’s license.