Work at Maymont
We are always looking for talented professionals to join our organization. Email your resume and cover letter. EOE.
The custodian under general supervision of the Lead Custodian has the primary responsibility for cleaning internal and external areas of Maymont which promotes overall health and safety for the staff and general public.
- Clean and refill, and stock paper products in both public and staff restrooms before daily opening
- Empty trash and recycling containers in both interior and exterior public areas and offices
- Setup for meetings, rentals, and special events including: providing additional cleaning attention before, during and after site rentals; moving and setting up chairs, tents, and tables; and setting up refreshments
- for meetings and events
- Clean and provide floor care for administrative offices and public spaces (classrooms, rental space, etc.)
- Reports the following to the Lead Custodian: presence of animals, vermin or insects , the need for cleaning supplies in advance, water leaks or other maintenance needs, and any/all health or safety hazards
- Minor plumbing repairs such as urinal and toilet repairs, unclogging drains, and stocking supplies
- Clean glass entrance doors, and clean building windows as needed
- Inspect for light bulb outages throughout public spaces (interior and exterior) and replace light bulbs as needed
- Clean gutters of buildings on property at least twice a year
- Other duties as assigned
One (1) or more years of experience in custodial services and/or building maintenance. High school diploma. Ability to understand and carry out routine oral and written instruction; work both independently and with others; work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and holidays. Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license and be subject to a DMV background check. Ability to perform manual work including lifting, carrying and climbing; lift at least 50 pounds or more; sustain various periods of light to moderate heavy physical activity. This job is primarily outside so one must have the ability to work in all weather conditions including but not limited to heat, rain and snow.
This position is responsible for the daily operation of Maymont Mansion for public tours, school classes, and booked groups. He/she facilitates guest reception at the front desk and provides support for the front desk staff and docents. The Museum Tour Coordinator assists with coordination of and conducts group tours, school programs, birthday parties, and other programs and events of the department. He/she participates in planning and assists with coordination and implementation of special interpretation, programs, events, school programs, and other activities of the department. The Museum Tour Coordinator provides excellent customer service and promotes the positive work environment for part time staff and museum volunteers. The Museum Tour Coordinator is a 29 hour/week position.
Bachelor of Arts in Art History, History, Museum Studies, or related area; 1-3 years museum/historic site experience. Excellent written and oral communications skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required and working knowledge of Point of Sale and Raiser’s Edge systems preferred. Desire to work with children, the public and museum volunteers required. Proven ability to create and implement engaging programming. Teaching experience and/or public history or historic site interpretation background preferred. Ability to work some weekends and evenings.
Public Safety Associate
This position enforces Maymont Foundation rules, and ensures a safe and friendly environment for guests. Secures all buildings, grounds and gates nightly. Reports to the Public Safety Supervisor.
- Performs and/or supervises security checks of all vehicles, park grounds, parking lots, building and animal habitats
- Secures, locks and alarms all buildings and ensuring the physical integrity of the property, keys and alarms after hours
- Responsible for opening and closing vending machines areas on Maymont property
- Conducts zip code and observational guest surveys
- Communicates effectively and appropriately to a diverse audience
- Responds immediately to security and emergency incidents and security requests; coordinates with appropriate officials and follows up with reporting
- Supports development, marketing, programs, special events, and other revenue generating activities
High school diploma or GED required. Previous work related experience in customer service or security preferred. Must be able to remain calm in potentially stressful situations. Good hearing and sight needed to be able to observe, read, and interact with public and coworkers. Ability to follow and give directions and work independently, and work as part of a team. Must be First Aid and CPR-certified or willing to become certified through on the job training. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred. Ability to lift 40 lbs. and to perform physical tasks including standing, bending and walking outdoors in all seasonal extremes. Familiarity with ADA service dog laws preferred. Must pass pre-employment background check and valid driver’s license.
Weekend/Evening Event Coordinator
This position coordinates and oversees onsite event rentals. Works with clients, caterers and other vendors for successful implementation of day of event services. May include meeting with potential clients regarding future rentals.
Must be conscientious and outgoing with a high level of customer service. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently are necessary. Must be able to troubleshoot and positively represent Maymont. Position requires frequent standing and walking and ability to lift 25 pounds. Must pass a pre-employment background check and have valid driver’s license.
Guest Services Assistant
This part time position provides excellent customer service to guests at the Robins Nature and Visitor Center. Guest Services staff stays informed of all Maymont exhibits, events and programs; Engages and responds to guest inquiries; processes admission fees, memberships, and merchandise sales; interacts with guest of all ages including school groups; primarily weekends 9 – 5, some weekdays as schedule allows.
Must have retail or customer service experience, computer experience and be able to pass pre-employment background check.