Work at Maymont
We are always looking for talented professionals to join our organization. Email your resume and cover letter. EOE.
Part-Time Special Events Assistant
Coordinates and oversees onsite event rentals. Works with clients, caterers and other vendors for successful implementation of day of event services. May include meeting with potential clients regarding future rentals.
- Must be conscientious and outgoing with a high level of customer service
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently are necessary
- Must be able to troubleshoot and positively represent Maymont
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and have valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work weekends and evening
- Ability to perform manual work including lifting and carrying
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds or more
- Ability to sustain long periods of standing and walking
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including but not limited to heat, rain, and snow
Part-Time Animal Keeper
This position cares for a variety of animals primarily at the Farm and for other animals in the collection. Maintains the health and appearance of animals, maintains exhibits and support areas, provides great guest experiences including participating in public programs on animal care/management / natural history. Shifts are from 7:30 am to 12 pm or 8 am to 4 pm. Hours average from 9 to 15 hours a week.
- Work will primarily be centered at the Children’s Farm but other duties within the animal care department may be requested.
- Animal husbandry, guest interaction and maintenance projects are a few of the tasks required to fill the position.
- High School Diploma and/or GED required.
- Applicant must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Applicant must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Experience working with animals is preferred.