Work at Maymont
We are always looking for talented professionals to join our organization. Email your resume and cover letter. EOE.
Park Maintenance / Operations Assistant
The Park Maintenance / Operations Assistant is responsible for work in the areas on janitorial maintenance of buildings and restrooms; set-up for meetings and park events; and trash pick up. Reports to the Maintenance Lead and works closely with the Facility Rental Department for instructions on meeting set ups and special events.
- Cleaning of buildings including removal of trash, floor care, minor repairs, windows, dusting, touch-up painting, and cleaning restrooms.
- Trash and debris removal from parking lots, terrace areas at the RNVC, Stone Barn, Garden Hall and Below Stairs entrance.
- Plumbing repairs such as urinal and toilet repairs, unstopping drains, and stocking of supplies
- Setups for meetings, rentals and special events including , site cleaning, moving and setting up chairs tents, tables, chairs, and refreshments for meeting and events
- Maintenance of clean and organized work and storage spaces.
Qualifications: High School diploma or GED. Experience in light building maintenance or general professional janitorial practices. Ability to follow directions and to work both independently and as part of a team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer literacy. Ability to perform the manual work required including lifting, carrying and climbing. Ability to lift 50 lbs. and to perform physical tasks in all weather and temperature conditions. Valid Driver’s License and subject to DMV background check. Must pass pre-employment background check.