Work at Maymont
We are always looking for talented professionals to join our organization. Email your resume and cover letter. EOE.
Public Safety Associate
This position enforces Maymont Foundation rules, and ensures a safe and friendly environment for guests. Secures all buildings, grounds and gates nightly. Reports to the Public Safety Supervisor.
- Performs and/or supervises security checks of all vehicles, park grounds, parking lots, building and animal habitats
- Secures, locks and alarms all buildings and ensuring the physical integrity of the property, keys and alarms after hours
- Responsible for opening and closing vending machines areas on Maymont property
- Conducts zip code and observational guest surveys
- Communicates effectively and appropriately to a diverse audience
- Responds immediately to security and emergency incidents and security requests; coordinates with appropriate officials and follows up with reporting
- Supports development, marketing, programs, special events, and other revenue generating activities
High school diploma or GED required. Previous work related experience in customer service or security preferred. Must be able to remain calm in potentially stressful situations. Good hearing and sight needed to be able to observe, read, and interact with public and coworkers. Ability to follow and give directions and work independently, and work as part of a team. Must be First Aid and CPR-certified or willing to become certified through on the job training. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred. Ability to lift 40 lbs. and to perform physical tasks including standing, bending and walking outdoors in all seasonal extremes. Familiarity with ADA service dog laws preferred. Must pass pre-employment background check and valid driver’s license.
Weekend/Evening Event Coordinator
This position coordinates and oversees onsite event rentals. Works with clients, caterers and other vendors for successful implementation of day of event services. May include meeting with potential clients regarding future rentals.
Must be conscientious and outgoing with a high level of customer service. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently are necessary. Must be able to troubleshoot and positively represent Maymont. Position requires frequent standing and walking and ability to lift 25 pounds. Must pass a pre-employment background check and have valid driver’s license.