Part-Time Accounting Manager
Assists Finance Director with monthly closing, year-end audit, investments, fixed assets, project tracking, and other general accounting tasks.
- Manages monthly closing process and prepare monthly financial statements for Board, Finance Committee and management.
- Maintains records for fixed assets, investments, endowments, reserve funds, and other restricted funds and prepares related journal entries.
- Prepares account analysis, audit schedules, and other reports for annual external audit and 990 tax return.
- Assists in developing and maintaining a comprehensive policies and procedures manual for the Finance Department including research related to accounting, compliance, and tax issues.
- Assists in preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Participate in re-engineering of finance related business practices.
- Assists with other general accounting duties.
Flexible schedule averaging 20 hours per week. Degree in Accounting and minimum three years experience. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize workload to be completed within regularly scheduled hours. Ability to communicate effectively. Good research and follow-up skills. Attention to detail and accuracy of work performed is critical. Possession of initiative and knowledge of general office/business terms and policies. Ability to work with limited supervision. Competency with accounting software, Financial Edge a plus.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.